Feel better, look better, and save money with UnitedHealth Allies. Your membership (a benefit available to all UnitedHealth Group employees) gets you typical discounts of 10 to 50 percent on many health care services that are not covered by your medical, dental or vision plan. There are no receipts to mail in, and no annual usage restrictions. You can also save on purchases for your spouse and your children. And, if you are enrolled in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account Plan (Health Care FSA Plan), many UnitedHealth Allies services are reimbursable.
Enjoy the savings
Where to get a new card
If you never received a card like the one pictured above or have misplaced it, call UnitedHealth Allies at 1-800-860-8773. This card and your membership number assigned to it are separate from your medical ID card and subscriber ID number.
You should only use your UnitedHealth Allies membership for services not typically covered under your Medical, Vision and/or Dental Plan coverage options (if enrolled). But once you've taken care of the basics, browse the UnitedHealth Allies discounts and you will find many desirable services on which you can save money:
- Teeth whitening and other dental ser
- vices not covered by your Dental Plan coverage option.
- Laser eye surgery and other vision services not covered by your Vision Plan coverage option.
- Alternative medicine, such as chiropractic care, acupuncture, herbal medicine and massage therapy. For example, if you need to see a chiropractor more than your Medical Plan coverage option allows, you can use your UnitedHealth Allies membership for discounts on chiropractic care after you have exhausted your Medical Plan benefits.
- Wellness products and services, such as weight management and smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling and fitness club memberships.
- Health Supplies for your household, including diabetic supplies, beauty and skin care; vitamins and supplements.
- Hearing aids.
- Infertility services that are not covered under your Medical Plan coverage option.
UnitedHealth Allies is not insurance. You are responsible for the full cost of any purchases, minus the applicable discount. Always use your medical, dental or vision plan for covered services. Use UnitedHealth Allies to save on health care products and services that you must pay for yourself.
Using the discount program
- If you haven't done so already, you can activate your UnitedHealth Allies account in one of two ways:
- Via the Web by going to:
www.unitedhealthallies.com and select "New Members/Create Account." Follow the instructions, inputting the information from your UnitedHealth Allies ID card where indicated. (Do not input your medical ID card number.)
OR (if you are enrolled in a UnitedHealth Group Medical Plan):
www.myuhc.com and go to "My Coverage & Costs" after you log in.
- To activate your account by phone, call the Customer Care phone number on your medical ID card (choose your Medical Plan coverage option and press 7) or UnitedHealth Allies ID card. A representative is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central time to answer questions.
If you have questions about UnitedHealth Allies and the discounts they offer, call them at 1-800-860-8773.
UnitedHealth Allies is administered by HealthAllies® Inc., a discount medical plan organization located at 505 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 850, Glendale, CA, 91203, 1-800-860-8773. UnitedHealth Allies is not insurance. UnitedHealth Allies provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services. UnitedHealth Allies does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. The program member is obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with the discount plan organization.